Fine-tune Your Characters
FINE-TUNE YOUR CHARACTERS
- Study Chapters 2, 3 and 8 again. Use the exercises to get to know your characters even better.
- Use 10 × 10 as a safeguard against stereotyping.
- Study Focusing on the words and Focusing on the sounds (Chapter 4) again, to check that the language you have used to describe the characters really resonates with their particular personalities.
- Which actor or actress would you choose to play the part of your character? Imagine them in the role. Does this reveal any inconsistencies?
- Sit your character in an empty chair and talk to them. Change seats and reply as your character.
- Are there any questions you need to ask about your characters? Use the I Ching or Runes to help you find answers.
- If you have an astrology programme, look at the characters’ natal charts again Look at their house charts and transits. Use synastry (see Glossary) for further insight into their relationships.
- Choose a tarot spread to help you gain further insight.
NB If there are tarot cards you particularly enjoy working with, have them copied A4 size and laminated. This can be done quite cheaply at most large office supplies stores.