Disclosure: If you buy products using the retailer buttons above, we may earn a commission from the retailers you visit.
With this book you’ll discover great ways of making the most of every scrap of food available, without being forced into the cycle of buying more ingredients just to use up your leftovers. It includes hundreds of suggestions for imaginative, ingredient-inspired cooking that prevents food from going to waste and saves you money.
· Never again leave food to fester because you can’t think what to do with it.
· Take advantage of special offers and discover the many ways they can be enjoyed.
· Use even small amounts of food to create a ‘cook’s treat’ or as a tasting sample.
· Enjoy the freedom of impromptu cooking with the ultimate list of essential store cupboard, fridge and freezer basics – you won’t have to hit the shops in order to use up what you have.
· Be inspired by hundreds of fun and useful tips including how to turn a lonely bacon rasher into Bacon Salt to sprinkle on poached eggs, roast tomatoes, cheese on toast, or any number of things.
· Try one of the many delicious dishes that can be made with bread, even when stale, from French Toast and Bread Pudding to Panzanella and Skordalia.
Creative Ways to Use Up Leftoversalso includes many basic recipes, explains which flavours complement each ingredient and provides useful storage advice to keep your food fresh for longer.
Get recommended reads, deals, and more from Hachette